- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 leek (only the white and tender green parts), thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground curry powder, mild or spicy
- 1.25 L (5 cups) vegetable or chicken broth
- 175 ml (¾ cup) green Puy lentils or other lentils
- 125 ml (½ cup) iÖGO Greek 0% Plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 175 ml (¾ cup) ham, diced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
In a large pot, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the leeks, carrots, parsnips, curry and salt, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and lentils, and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
Add the yogurt, diced ham and parsley, and adjust seasoning.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, without boiling. Serve hot.
It all started here
100% owned by Canadian dairy farmer cooperatives.
When you choose IÖGO for you and your family, you’re supporting a great story.