- 175 ml (¾ cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) whole-wheat flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) oat flakes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 7.5 ml (1 ½ tsp.) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) salt
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) cinnamon
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried figs, pitted and chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) walnuts, lightly roasted and finely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) iÖGO Greek 0% Plain yogurt
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk (1%)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Good to know…
Fresh figs are very delicate; they can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 days. Dried fruit can be kept for 6 to 8 months in a cool, dry place, away from the light.
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Line muffin pan with 6 paper liners, or butter and flour a muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, figs and walnuts.
In a small bowl, blend the yogurt, milk, melted butter and egg with a whisk.
Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and gently blend to form a dough.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling to the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan and place on a rack.
Serve the muffins with juicy, fresh and iÖGO 0% Greek Plain yogurt.
Snack times best friend.
iÖGO offers a wide selection of delicious yogurt products made with real fruit and no artificial colours or flavours.